2015-04-01

Watch out! April the 1st has many NEW applications for the Raspberry Pi.

I am listening to John Robbie on 702. He is dubious about a 'story' that has supermarket trolleys with gps tech to guide you in-store. 

Sounds like an application for 'Raspberry Pi'! My USB GPS works well on my Pi. Using 'gpsd' the daemon and gps client software is a piece of cake to implement.

The last weekends session had 'Troubleshooting' as its main item. Well attended the session went very quickly. I was amazed to find that I was closing up at 17:00!

We [the club] need to encourage the youngsters to visit the Raspberry Pi sessions. So next session, why not bring a youngster to the club?

Every 4th Saturday at the club house in Kroton street at 13:00.

73
John Brock ZS6WL

No comments:

Post a Comment