2023-04-26

Its Time to Go Back to Basics

So I have been a 'Grumpy [] Man' for a while now. Lots of things tend to annoy me. If it isn't the dog from the back house above us barking, its something else...

Anyway Blogger [this site] has some advantages over the Wordpress site. Especially as it is free. It provides a simple means of getting whatever out there for the rest of the 'internet'. It does not appear to have a limit on storage and it doesn't impact your Google storage either. 

It can of course be accessed from anywhere you have an internet connection. 

Alright it doesn't have the 'social network' aspect built in or applied. Though you can earn cents from adverts on your 'blog'.

I find it so much easier to work with. My jbcs site was 'converted' to Wordpress a while ago by Edith's son. And he left me to upload content into the 'editor'. This proved to be too time consuming for me. I am a retired electronics engineer with a dependent wife. I would take about three-quarters of a day to type and place pictures into the 'editor'. It is NOT a word processor. Which I would have preferred to use. 

My usual 'thing to do' on a monthly basis was to upload the YL News. This did not get done! As I would be always diverted or distracted by something/someone else. 

With Blogger, I can copy and paste text directly and upload pictures. Final corrections and adjustments would take minutes. Sure things tend to jump around on screen. Especially when you have a 'hesitant' connection to the internet. But you can change the settings to suit when you need to.

It does spell checking and auto-saving when you are not typing. You will see a little cloud change to a whirly circle and back to a cloud. A cloud with a slash through it means it didn't manage to connect. It will try again and become a cloud with a tick in it.

There is more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment